- Have all of your prescriptions filled – start taking the antibiotic the day before surgery with food and continuing until the entire supply is complete
- Arrange for transportation to and from the office day of surgery
- No ibuprofen or naproxen for three days prior to surgery
- No fish oil or aspirin for one week prior to surgery
- Avoid alcohol 72 hours before and after surgery
Day of Surgery:
- Eat a light meal prior to your arrival
- Wear dark, loose fitted clothing
- Bring all of the prescribed medications with you to office
- Bed rest is helpful for at least one full day
- Take medication as prescribed and indicated
- The garment should be worn day and night for 6 weeks (imperative to your healing)
- Stitch removal is scheduled 6-10 days after surgery
Things You Should Know:
- You will drain – Dr. Iqbal will leave some incision sites open for drainage. The drainage will be the excess numbing fluid leaving your body. Do not be alarmed if it is pink/red tinted.
- You will want to line any areas the patient will be resting with bed pads to absorb the drainage (car, bed, couch)
- You can take a shower 48-72 hours after your procedure – make sure the incisions are dry and your drainage has stopped
- NO baths or swimming pools for 2 weeks
- Additional garments can be purchased – but is advised to wait until after stitch removal in case or needing a smaller size
- It is best not to remove garment for 24 hours after surgery, if you really have to, please put it back on ASAP.
- Slight hardness/tightness is normal after GPS Liposuction – thought to be a proceeding factor for ultimate skin tightening
- Swelling– Some degree of swelling (including the pubic area in cases involving lower abdomen) is normal. Please report excessive swelling.
If you experience:
- Constipation – stool softeners may be taken (opt – milk of magnesia)
- Nausea – take prescribed Zofran as directed.
- Itching – Zyrtec can be taken during the day, and Benadryl can be taken at night
- Fever/chills/ foul-smelling drainage – please call the office to let Dr. Iqbal know
Items to Have:
- Kotex – pads
- Puppy/bed pads
- Medical Tape
- Shower curtain (optional)Arnicare- pills & gel (optional)
Why Choose Us?
- Free Consultations Available
- Two Convenient Locations
- Professionally Trained Staff
- Exceptional Customer Service
- State-Of-The-Art Technology