FAQs about BOTOX® Cosmetics
Euro Med Spa receives a lot of calls from people interested in Botox Injections. We noted down all frequently asked questions and decided to share some Botox facts and myths with you.
What you should know before getting a Botox® Injections:
- BOTOX® Brand name should always be capitalized and should have ® symbol, it means it is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc and it is made in USA It’s just not BOTOX without ®
- Make sure your provider is a certified BOTOX ® injector and has enough training and experience.
- Ask to see before and after pictures of the provider’s clients, not pictures which come from the manufacturer.
- Ask what the dilution rate is. Ideal dilution rate should be 1:1, otherwise you will get more water then product, results will not last and the treatment might have adverse side effects.
Q: Will my face be “frozen?
A: Here at Euro Med Spa we believe in moderation and Dr Iqbal suggests to his clients the ideal number of units, offering them to come back for a follow-up and lets clients decide if they want few extra units.
Q : Is Botox® a toxin?
A: Botox is not a toxin, it is a purified protein from Clostridum bacterium which helps relax muscles and get rid of unwanted wrinkles. You will start seeing results within days and they will last few months.
Q: How often should I have injections?
A: Dr Iqbal recommends to have initial 3-4 treatments 3 months apart and once the muscles are trained to stay relaxed the treatment can be done less frequently.
Q: Why do some people have unwanted side effects?
A: Unwanted side effects of Botox® injections are usually associated with poor injection technique and lack of injector experience? Such complications occur because the toxin diffuses, leading to unexpected muscle weakening. With more concentrated doses (1:1), physicians can accurately place the Botox® with a greater duration of effect and less diffusion.
Here at Euro Med Spa all injections are performed by Dr Iqbal who uses advanced techniques when injecting Botox® and Dermal Fillers and uses the most effective concentration of Botox®, so that you get actual product, not water.
Q: Who performs the injections?
A: Dr Iqbal performs all injections himself, using advanced techniques and ideal concentration of Botox®, so that Botox® is less likely to get to the unwanted areas. Dr Iqbal is an actively practicing Medical Doctor with over 22 years of experience, a Diplomat of Anti- Aging Medicine, and AMA member, he is a certified Botox® Injector.
Q: Will I bruise after the injections?
A: Dr Iqbal advises to stop taking blood thinning* medications 3 days prior to your appointment and if you bruise easily it is the best to start taking Arnica supplements available at GNC at least 3-4 days prior to your appointment. In most cases clients don’t bruise.
* Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Aspirin and some other products may contribute to the blood thinning.
Q: Does it hurt?
A: The Botox needle is slightly thicker then a hair, very few people are a little sensitive but mostly clients feel no discomfort. We can cool the injection site with the ice or apply topical anesthetic if needed.
Q: How many units of Botox® will I need?
A: Each face is unique and different, that’s why it is impossible to offer the same amount of Botox® units to everyone. During your complimentary consultation Dr Iqbal will suggest an ideal number of units for you depending on your particular needs and areas you want to improve. This allows us to offer you the most effective concentration of Botox®, not a diluted version.
Why Choose Us?
- Free Consultations Available
- Three Convenient Locations
- Professionally Trained Staff
- Exceptional Customer Service
- State-Of-The-Art Technology